Computer software has become an integral part of business today. The local grocer has software for managing his inventory and individuals use software for preparing their tax returns. Now, thanks to Apple and the iPhone, we have access to hundreds of thousands of software applications right in the palm of our hands! Software development is now accessible and affordable to just about any business. The key is finding the right software developer, that can not only build your application but support it well into the future.
Significance of Software Development for Businesses
Software aims to simplify tasks and reduce the chances of human error. Any business is a combination of several functional areas and activities that occur simultaneously. Without suitable software at essential points, there is considerable loss of efficiency and thus business.
Software development for businesses is an ongoing activity. As business trends change, the demand for software applications change, hence the need for a software development partner such as Fulcrum Design, LLc, for example.
Shifting Trends in Software Development
Since software would reveal critical details about the company’s current business scenario and future plans, many companies in the past undertook software development in-house. But currently this trend is changing. More and more businesses in the US are outsourcing their software development and support functions to countries like India. Do you find this surprising? Read on.
Benefits of Offshoring Software Development and Support
Significant Cost Saving
By offshoring software development you can save costs in a variety of ways:
- Labor cost in the US is very high, while it is much lower in countries like India. So your overall project cost comes down.
- Also you pay your offshore partner on a per project basis. When you have an in-house software development team, you have to pay out monthly salaries irrespective of whether there is development work or not.
- The software developers are not your direct staff, so there is cost saving on work benefits, leave etc. You directly pay an agreed fee to the offshore company and there the matter ends.
- You save costs of office space and equipment. By offshoring software development, it is possible to run an extremely lean and bare minimum organization.
Unbeatable Technical Expertise
India has a talented pool of software developers and by offshoring, you can be sure that some of the best and the brightest minds are working on your project. Additionally the keen competition in the offshore industry has resulted in high process standards within the industry. Offshore companies are committed to delivering high quality projects on time and within budget.
It is critical you choose an offshore development firm with strong ties to a U.S. based company. Relationships like this assure quality assures, accountability and on shore support. Firms like Fulcrum Design, LLc, a U.S. software development firm, has established and off shore subsidiary in India, Fulcrum India, Pvt. As a global software development company they can assure quality and product support.
The overall organizational efficiency increases when your office staff and the offshore team work simultaneously. Most offshore companies work round the clock (in 2 or 3 shifts. Labor is cheap, remember?) and ensure early completion of the project. Simultaneously, your team at home can get the marketing aspects into place. So you can have the big market launch of the software, much ahead of the competition and gain market advantage.
Greater Customer Satisfaction and Generation of Business
On completion of the project, most off shore companies provide 6 months to one year free 24×7 support to fix any likely bugs and glitches. So your customers are able to receive technical assistance any time of day or night, leading to greater customer satisfaction. And we all know that customer satisfaction is the first step to enhanced business.
Having seen the immense benefits of offshoring software development and support, the change in trend from in-house to offshore software development is not surprising any longer, isn’t it?
Leave a comment
You must be logged in to post a comment.
- Mobile Marketer will be back on March 27Mobile Marketer is taking a short hiatus and will be back better than ever on March 27.
- TV + mobile = millennial engagementBy Kevin O'ReillyThere is a common misconception that millennials have abandoned traditional television in favor of video streaming, social media and other Web-based activities via mobile devices.
- Factors reshaping the mobile app economyBy Robert WildnerAdvertisers are starting to invest more in finding quality users for their apps – those who will either make purchases or engage with the app long enough to consume ads.
- How mobile point-of-sale goes beyond checkoutBy Josh GoodwinMobile POS solutions can prevent losing a sale by providing endless-aisle capability.