Restaurant Coaster Pager have changed the way restaurants manage their waiting lists. Now Restaurant Cell Phone Pagers are the technological evolution in coaster pagers. Before restaurant coaster pagers host staff called out guest names over a PA system or hollered out their names across the bar or lobby. This method was, and still is, inefficient and frowned upon by guests. The development of coaster pagers that blink, beep and vibrate when a table is ready changed the business, now the cell phone did it again. Restaurants no longer needed costly coaster pagers to notify guests when their table is ready. Guests find greater satisfaction using their own personal restaurant cell pager or restaurant text pager, it affords them greater freedom and enjoyment while they wait i.e. apps, games, texting and calls.
Building upon the restaurant coaster pager concepts restaurant cell phone pagers, also known as restaurant text pagers, are becoming popular with guests and with restaurant owners alike. And with good reason, according to blog.socialmobile.com restaurant cell phone pagers offer the following top 10 benefits:
- Like coaster pagers, restaurant cell phone pager systems help restaurants reduce waiting time and turn more tables.
- Unlike restaurant guest pagers, there is no pager replacement cost, your guests own them i.e. their cell phone
- Restaurant text pagers up front costs are roughly 90% cheaper than a restaurant pager system
- Total annualized savings over a restaurant coaster pager system is estimated at $3,462 in year one
- Restaurant text pager system, such Mobile Matradee, do not require any software or specialized equipment.
- Restaurant text / phone pager systems typically come bundled with an automated wait list or reservation management system
- Restaurant cell phone pagers improve customer service and satisfaction by enabled the guests to freely move about and a much greater range
- Restaurell phone pagers do not spread disease or bacteria as could guest pagers (due to so many people handling the pagers).
- Systems like Mobile Matradee offer powerful mobile marketing loyalty programs, great for driving business.
- There are over 272 million cell phone subscribers in the USA, no need to replace a coaster pager ever again.
The only requirement is access to the internet via a web enabled POS, mini laptop, iPad or iTouch to connect to the web hosted application. Unlike a guest pager transmitter any of the web enabling devices (i.e. laptop, POS) offer greater utility when you aren’t managing your wait list. For example, the mini netbook can be used to take inventory, enter the food order or update the menu. Better yet send out a mobile marketing campaign to drive traffic. I bet your restaurant guest pager system can’t do all that.
Guest Text and Mobile Matradee are 3 in 1 restaurant guest pager / wait list management and mobile marketing solution. To learn more about Guest Text suite of restaurant solutions visit http://guesttxt.com or to learn more about Mobile Matradee visit http://www.fulcrumdesignllc.com
Leave a comment
You must be logged in to post a comment.
- Mobile Marketer will be back on March 27Mobile Marketer is taking a short hiatus and will be back better than ever on March 27.
- GM's OnStar customers can find nearest available parking through mobile appGeneral Motors’ OnStar service is extending its cooperation with Parkopedia, a service that helps consumers find the nearest available parking spots, through the OnStar mobile app.
- Factors reshaping the mobile app economyBy Robert WildnerAdvertisers are starting to invest more in finding quality users for their apps – those who will either make purchases or engage with the app long enough to consume ads.
- Napean sells Mobile Marketer publication, retains events businessNapean LLC has sold its Mobile Marketer and Mobile Commerce Daily publications, but retained the events business comprising conferences, webinars, podcasts and awards, founder Mickey Alam Khan announced today.